Paula Shoup, PCC, internalGPS® Coach, Phoenix, AZ,
My mission is to guide professionals/leaders to uncover their true self/values, discover their most powerful strengths, talents and beliefs and propel them to their goals and beyond.
I am an expert at reprogramming Professionals’/Leaders’ heads/guts to shift that critical/judging/”stuck-in-the-muck” voice to a curious/supportive/loving voice that will accelerate your talents and strengths and take you to where you want to go, who you want to be, and accomplish what you want to do, in your career and life.
Click HERE to skip down to my formal credentials/experience.
I love tools. Especially logical-follow-this-clear-process tools. Myy brain is wired for love-of-logic in solving problems.
My car/phone GPS(Global Positioning System) is not only helpful, it is mandatory equipment for me. I can get turned around in a “NY minute.” This obstacle was blown away by the wonderful invention of the GPS. It’s impossible to put into words how much it has improved my life.
That is what I’d love for you, that you work with me to utilize your internalGPS® and it works so well that words cannot express the level of improvement it has given you in your work/life.
The GPS metaphor works well because it is essential to first know where you are.
Wherever you are is the perfect place to start.
We’ll uncover your values, strengths, talents, emotions, thinking-patterns, beliefs that all describe your current location. Then we will identify where you want to go. Your destination/goal/vision/dream may be crystal clear or we may need to work on clarifying what it looks/feels like. We’ll figure out what tools work best for you as you start trying them out:”Recalculating!”
It’s internalGPS® because it’s an inside job.
As much as I sometimes would like to believe and many of my clients would like to believe, the answer is not “out there” or “their fault if they’d just be different.” It’s “in-between-your-ears-and-feel-into-your-gut” work. If you program your internalGPS® and then just relax and have a glass of wine and binge-watch Netflix (although there is nothing wrong with doing this periodically to celebrate, I do), it won’t work. You have to do the work.
You have to learn it, practice, practice, fail, get back up, re-learn or incorporate new learning, practice, fail, get back up, repeat. Again and again. It’s work. It’s worth it. It’s how to uncover your best, your truth, the “Real-You/Inspirational-Leader/Amazing Human-Being” who is you.
I know this work all too well because I’ve done it myself and I keep on doing it, because I keep dreaming up new big destinations of where I want to go and who I want to be. The good news is that I am enjoying the ride a lot more than I ever used to because I now know how to “thrive-while-I-drive.”
If you’re perfectly content with who you are and where you are now (with no desires to improve or accomplish anything else) then I am sincerely thrilled for you and internalGPS® is not for you. Go have some fun and stop reading right now! This is not for everyone.
The internalGPS® process will guide you to blow through the obstacles that are getting in your way.
The Neurological/Psychology/Social Scientist Researchers continue to find ways to better understand how our brain and gut impact who we are and what we do. Did you know the gut is now known as the “second brain?” There are over 100-million neurons in the gut area, more than in the spinal chord. I love this science and I love seeing clients utilize tools based on this science that transform their work/life. (Click here to read some clients’ love).
All the tools I use are backed up by research and I’ve used them successfully with clients and applied them myself. We’ll figure out which tools work best for you so that you go where you want to go, accomplish what you want to do, and be who you want to be.
- Eight plus years of successfully running my own coaching/consulting business with clients including individual leaders/professionals from small and large non-profits businesses, small businesses, and large multi-national organizations.
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) from the International Coach Federation (ICF) which means over 500 coaching hours have been logged, completion of verbal and written tests and over 160 hours of training completed. And the ICF ethical oversight for added peace of mind.
- Over twenty years of working in large matrix high technology (Aerospace and Medical Devices) organizations, over ten years as a formal leader
- Five years as a Director “Leader of Leaders” including a one year assignment in Puerto Rico to set up a new department/function
- Over ten years of formal procurement negotiation experience including international agreements across Asia and Europe
- Working for my “Serial-Entrepreneur” Father. During my childhood, his businesses ranged from apartments to manufacturing chemical fertilizer to denim retail stores with a few others in between. He grew up on a farm & believed in children participating in the business; my work began at eight years old till college when unfortunately my experience with his businesses came to an end due to some poor decisions on his part, and a thing called “the recession” that led to bankruptcy. He was an amazing Entrepreneur and I credit him for my business acumen and strong work ethic (He’s been gone due to prostrate cancer for many years).
- Coach U Inc – Advanced Certified Graduate
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF)
- Certified Team Advantage Facilitator/Mentor
- Member of the National Speakers Association
- Bachelors of Science in Supply Chain Management from Arizona State University